Tim’s Magical Mystery Tour
We have a reserved seat on the 8:55am bus all the way to Kantishna, which is the end of the Park road. Tim is Mr. Talky, and provided narration from his 19 years of driving the 8:55am bus Thursday – Sunday, spring and summer. Tim goes over the rules and regs which include:
- Wear your seatbelt at all times (as if)
- No standing while the bus is moving
- Uphill bus has the right of way
- No passing of buses when both are in motion
- No loud noise when you see wild animals
- No feeding the animals
- No getting off the bus to take photos
- etc, etc, etc – boy this is going to be fun
Tim spots a Arctic Ground Squirrel on the road and grinds the bus to a halt. Wildlife must be sparse. Then he laughs as it will certainly not be the last of the day.
I guess Jack Jordon will not be visiting Denali.
Next we spotted Caribou – not very close to the bus.
We get to the Eieslen Vistor Centre. A lovely quilt was made by a local depicting Mount Denali and all of the wildlife living within the park.
Off we go to Kantishna which is the end of the Park Road. There is nothing there but this sign.
Four hours to get back to the campsite. All in all, it was a 10 hour day. We were stiff from the ride and relaxed with a couple of glasses of wine with Harry and Sally and their pals Steve and Ellen.This entry was posted in Uncategorized